April 08, 2006

These legs are made for ... money?

Yes I know I have no life. I usually watch Parky on a Saturday night, and tonight one of his "guests" was Michael Flatley (I refuse to link to his self-congratulatory site). OK so he can dance, no question. Good for him, and he's a pleasure to watch. But these figures are ridiculous:
Once recognised as the world's highest paid dancer, earning $1,600,000 a week, Flatley has his legs insured for £25 million.
I'm sorry, but everyone needs their legs, and I don't understand what makes his so special. Car accidents, landmines, war, urban violence ... thousands of people lose their legs each year, and they are lucky to get their medical bills paid for them. Let's get some perspective here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails